Friday, April 22, 2011

Week 16 and Week 17

I've been hearing a lot of old wives tales about whether it's a boy or a girl. The most recent one I've heard is that if the heart beat is above 140 the baby is a girl and if the heart rate is below 140, the baby is a boy. What if the heart rate is 140? That's what we found out at our latest appointment with our midwife. Maybe our baby just wants a little more time to decide. Hopefully by May 3, when we have our sonogram, the baby will decide. We are hoping for a healthy baby - boy or girl. :)

Last week I ran in a 5K here in Waco at the Xterra Trail Run Series. It was AWESOME! I haven't been running lately, but I have been working out a lot lately. My job as a Fitness Director keeps me very active and I am learning to respect and listen to my body for limitations and abilities being pregnant. During my trail run last week I was able to process being active and pregnant while running in a race. It was motivating and emotional and inspiring at the same time. There is a blog that I read often - Athleta Chi. It's written by active women pursuing their passions ranging from triathlons to marathons to yoga to surfing and more. It's been encouraging to read this blog, run in my first 5K as a mom knowing that my life will filled with children and races. I don't want to be a mom that stays home and on the soccer game sidelines only. I want to be a mom that competes in triathlons and other adventures before the soccer games. 

The pregnancy journey so far hasn't been too bad. I've gotten over the hump of nausea and am now into the infamous second trimester full of energy. Some days I have more energy than others but overall, I am feeling really good. I've gained about 10lbs and had to buy my first pair of prego pants. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the foot wide elastic band that is supposed to cover the tummy, but I definitely like that ability to put non spandex clothing on and it fit comfortable. I think Canaan, our dog, knows something is up. He has been a lot more protective and often doesn't leave my side. Mark's been great too. Whenever I ask him if I look pregnant (knowing that what I am really asking is, "do I just look fat, or is it obvious that I am pregnant") he answers with the best answer - You're beautiful and yes, you look pregnant and not just fat. Thanks, babe! 

Here's a few pictures for your enjoyment! Week 16 and week 17. Can you see my innie of a belly button changing to an outie? So fun!
We will post again on May 4 after our sonogram! Check back to find out if we will have a baby girl or a baby boy!!! 

Love, 
Kenda & Mark, plus one.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite thing about maternity pants is the ability to go to the bathroom in a hurry without fumbling with buttons! Your bump is cute...and it's obviously a baby bump. I'm sure you don't have an ounce of real fat anywhere on you. :)

    ReplyDelete