Friday, April 1, 2011

A blog worth posting!!!


It's been a long time coming. We know that we haven't posted in a long time.....but really, we just had to wait until we had a post worth posting!

Get ready, Baby Mullert is on his/her way!!!  

That's right, we are pregnant! We couldn't be more excited about this new twist in our adventure called life. This week marks our 14th week and our baby is growing rapidly!  According to our new day-by-day calendar of our baby's growth status, our baby is 3.5 inches long and weighs almost 3 ounces. (too bad that's not the amount I've gained)

A few of our friends and family have asked if this was a planned pregnancy. Of course it was! We knew that we wanted to have babies when we said, "i do". We found on that we were pregnant on January 31, 2011. The day before, Kenda ran her first half marathon and didn't feel so "right". She knew that she was a week late on her period but thought with all the training and working out that it might account for a late period. We took two pregnancy tests actually. Who really takes only one? I (Kenda) sat in our bedroom while Mark went into the bathroom to read the pregnancy stick said. He looked at me. I looked at him. Then I ran into the bathroom and checked for myself. We looked at each other and said, "we pregnant". Then we decided to take the second test. Good thing that I had a lot of water to drink that night. After two positive tests, we realized that we were indeed pregnant. 

Mum was the word.
We kept pretty quiet about our new secret. It seemed like the very next day, (I) Kenda began feeling the symptoms of morning sickness. I would wake up and go to bed nausea, allthougth I never threw up.  I had a love-hate relationship with food. I loved eating because it would make my nausea temporarily go away and I hated it because the sight of food made me sick. We scheduled our first doctor's appointment on Feb. 24 (Kenda's birthday). What a birthday present to see the baby's heart beat!! The doctor's determined that we were 9 weeks and 1 day along as of Feb. 24 with a due date on September 28. We kept our little secret for three more weeks. It wasn't easy though. Kenda still had to teach her 10 group exercise classes a week - a feat in of itself when she was so exhausted and nauseas all the time. And really, there isn't too much room to hide the weight gain in spandex. On March 11, we broke the news to our parents and family members with a video.  Both sets of parents were estatic and everyone we have told so far has been really positive and proud of us. We had our 12 week appointment the next day - Mark got to come to see and hear our baby's heart beat. What love! 

We began telling our work and friends the next day. It's been such a fun adventure so far. I have definitely gained some weight and my belly is definitely showing signs of a baby inside. Supposedly, not many women show until their 14-15th week (according to some websites) but I have been showing since week 12. We wanted to wait until our first trimester was over to tell everyone. 

Mark and I are busy making plans for having our baby. We have registered the baby at Target and are busy scowering the garage sales and sales racks for baby furniture and items we might need. Since this is our first, we are starting from scratch. Do you have any recommendations on what baby item you would never trade? Tell us! We want to know!

Until our next post - in about a week or two after our next appointment, keep us posted with your ideas and baby item recommendations. 

Mark and Kenda

3 comments:

  1. I am just so happy for you both!!! Are you going to find out if boy or girl? PLEASE say yes... These people who want to wait are making me crazy! How can a person make a quilt as a gift not knowing? Pastels are fine for some but I want to make something personal that announces to the world! LOL!!! I am so looking forward to reading more posts. Kenda... find an outfit that will grow with you and shows it all and take pictures every couple weeks to begin with and then every week in the 3rd trimester. You will be amazed! Side shots are best. I can also send you links to some beautiful photos of pregnant couples... This is a special and beautiful time for you both. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Children are such a blessing. :). Happy for you guys.
    Favorite baby item early on was our lamb swing. A sound machine has worked great for us as well (to diminish outside noise and help Kaitlyn cross her sleep cycles.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, we will find out if it's a boy or girl and let the world know! I think we will find out somewhere around week 18-20. This Wednesday will be week 16 for us, so it's rapidly approaching. This week we plan on blogging again, so stay tuned for ultrasound pictures and the picture of my belly at week 15 and 16.

    Lamb swing, huh? Do you know who makes it? I'll look into that one. I have heard that swings help keep momma's patience around. :) Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete