Monday, June 21, 2010

A few moments...

I have a few moments between Line Camps and wanted to blog. This is my first time blogging by the way. After a week of canoeing and rock climbing in Arkansas, I am heading East to North Carolina for another freshmen wilderness orientation. We had a fantastic time and the students learned a ton about themselves and made a bunch of new friends. I do hope there will be cooler temps and less ticks in NC though.

It is 33 days until I get married, and 12 until I see my bride to be, again. I have spent much of my adult life trying to find the perfect woman that would let me be away in the woods for months at a time and always feared losing my freedom. With Kenda, my heart longs to be near her. I know that she wants for me to follow my dreams and affirms my career in working with college students in the outdoors. This just makes me more attracted to her and excited to see her next. I feel at home when I am with her.

You can probably tell that I miss Kenda by now. Things are coming together for the wedding. My groomsmen are getting their attire squared away, the honeymoon is planned, and I am ready to help in any way that I can. I feel bad that I am not around too much because of work. At this point we are not too stressed about the planning things, as I believe most everything is on its way to being done. Life is exciting with many unknowns ahead, but now someone to share those moments with. I am so grateful that God provided a job for Kenda that she loves, at just the right time, and are flexible with our wedding schedule.

We are looking forward to seeing you all soon! Please RSVP one way or the other, so we can plan the food accordingly.

Blessings,

Mark

1 comment:

  1. You should totally hook up with cousin Micky!! They would love to see you!

    ReplyDelete