Wednesday, August 25, 2010

after our whole day apart.

I know, I know!  It's almost been two weeks since we post last. Rest assured, we are still going strong on our pledge to not eat out!

Although, last night through us a curve ball. You know that massive, random flash flood downpour we had yesterday in Waco? The 60-80mph winds that also created more problems then just a few branches in the streets? Those winds also wracked havoc on our power system here in our quadrant of living. We were without power until 830am this morning, which means no air conditioning. Miserable. It was a bit frustrating to see power in our neighbors across the busy street in front of our house, and to know that all of our food was slowly becoming unedible. 

However, what everyone else in our quadrant didn't have - I had. I have the best husband in the world. Yesterday, was also our 1 month anniversary. Sure, we are a little silly but we had a moment to celebrate. I came home to no electricity, but I also came home to a surprise. Mark had bought me flowers, wrote me super sweet card and had made us both fresh Mojitos to sip on. We had planned to cook our salmon, asparagus, rice, and a yummy salad on our dragon fly on our porch, but decided not to. Instead we took advantage of Taco Tuesday and a gift card we had received from a good friend here in Waco. Our time last night at Rosa's was a walk down memory lane. When we were dating, or whatever you call it, we would go to Taco Tuesday faithfully and stay until they closed (or close to it). We would chat about life, work, dreams, and of course our dogs. 

When we got home Mark whipped out his best husband card again and took care of our food that would spoil overnight by making ice bags and filling it with our favorite foods in a mini cooler. He also busted out his battery operated fan and put that in our room to keep us cool at night. 

I am leaving tomorrow afternoon for a week-end conference up in Dallas. I am excited at the opportunity to participate in a lot of workshops that will help me become a better fitness instructor and fitness director. Mark has a long day at the challenge course on Saturday and we both are exited about our Sunday at home together. So far, this month has been the best month of my life. I have the best life, I really do. I am married to someone that loves me so well, encourages me to push past what I selfishly want to do, speaks truth to me when I cannot hear it, and makes me mojitos for days that are stressful. I am more in love with Mark today than I was yesterday. I hope that this continues for the rest of our lives. We love spending our time together and always look forward to that moment when our eyes meet each other after our whole day apart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment